Strawberry Pie. Arrange half of strawberries in baked pastry shell. Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan. Strawberry pie is a dessert food consisting mainly of strawberries.
Strawberry Pie is a classic pie recipe that is always a favorite. Made with fresh strawberries, this This strawberry pie is one that always impresses and if you have a strawberry lover in your midst. Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie is made completely from scratch with an almost creamy strawberry sauce smothering Top it all off with a cream cheese whipped topping for the perfect strawberry pie! You can have Strawberry Pie using 15 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Pie
- You need of Crust.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of castor sugar.
- It’s 8 tablespoons of chilled butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ice water.
- It’s of Strawberry filling.
- You need 250 gram of strawberry.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Butter and milk wash.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soft butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of milk.
When I set out to make this Strawberry Pie, I wanted a pie crust that would complement both the flavor and texture of the fresh strawberries. This from scratch strawberry pie uses a two crust pie dough and fresh strawberries. Pies were always store bought and only enjoyed during parties and celebrations. As such, my first introduction to.
Strawberry Pie instructions
- In a bowl add flour, salt and sugar and mix with a fork..
- Add chilled butter. Mash butter into the flour with a fork, and also keep mixing, till the flour looks like crumbs..
- Add apple cider vinegar and mix roughly. Add ice water and bring the dough together. Don't add all water immediately. Keep adding teaspoons only if required..
- Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour..
- Till the dough is getting chilled, let us prepare for the filling. Clean the fruit and slice into equal size pieces..
- Add salt, sugar, cornstarch mix and set aside..
- After 1 hour or so, remove dough from fridge. Take on lightly floured work surface and roll a circle out of it..
- Lightly grease a 17cm Pie tray. Preheat the oven @190C..
- Place the rolled circle gently over the pie-tray and press it to the bottom. Also gently press against the sides of the tray..
- With the help of a rolling pin, cut out the excess dough from edges..
- Pinch and roll a small circle with the extra dough and cut ribbons.
- Put the strawberry filling in the pie-tray..
- Cover the tray as you like. I like basket pattern..
- Prepare butter and milk wash and apply on the edges and on the ribbons..
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, till filling is bubbling and the crust looks brown and crunchy. Refer below picture for half done pie.
- Once done let it sit for few seconds in the tray..
- Keep over a can. Gently pull the pie tray down..
- Remove pie on serving plate. Serve warm with dollop of strawberry ice-cream or whipped cream. My family loves as is..
Just warning, it won't last long! This is a great dessert for holidays, Fourth of July coming up and any. Strawberry Pie ~ Sweet Strawberries, Buttery Pie Crust & Maple Syrup! Strawberry Pie is the perfect pie for Spring and Celebrations! We add a special ingredient to our homemade strawberry pie.