Upside Down Strawberry Meringue Pie.
You can cook Upside Down Strawberry Meringue Pie using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Upside Down Strawberry Meringue Pie
- It’s 1 of 9 inche pastry pie crust, cooked and cooled (spray pan with non stick spray before adding crust to bake as this crust tends to stick after baking with the meringue).
- It’s of For meringue.
- You need 3 of room temperature egg whites.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cream of tarter.
- It’s 1 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s of For filling.
- Prepare 1 (3 ounce) of box strawberry jello.
- Prepare 1 pint of fresh strawberrys, hulled and sliced and mixed with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiling water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold water.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whpping cream.
- Prepare of For whipped cream topping.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of for garnish.
- It’s 2 of fresh strawberrys cut in half and hulled.
- You need 2 tbsp of shaved chocolste.
Upside Down Strawberry Meringue Pie step by step
- Make meringue.
- Preheat oven to 225.
- In a large bowl whip egg whites, salt and cream of tarter until stiff peaks form, slowly add confectoners sugar and beat until glossy and holds its shape..
- Spread in baked pie crust smoothing over bottom and sides to have the form of another crust. Place in preheated oven and bake 2 hours until dry and light golden. Cool on rack at least 1 hour.
- Make filling.
- Dissolve jello in the 1 cup boiling water, add the 1/2 cup cold water. Chill until cold but still liquid, about 15 minutes..
- Whip the cream until stiff, whip in cold jello mix, then fold in sliced strawberrys. Mound mixture into cooled meringue shell. Chill at least 6 hours or best overnight to fully set..
- Make whippped cream topping.
- Whip cream to soft peaks add sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff. Top set pie with whipped cream..
- Garnish pie with strawberry halfs and chocolate shavings.