Strawberry rhubarb custard pie. Learn how to cook a Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe! I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie recipe! You can adjust the sweetness by the amount of strawberries you add.
This Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe is inherited from my beloved Grandma Koch along with the Perfect Pie Crust it is baked in. A Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie Worth Brawling Over. Because I grew up listening to baseball on the radio, whenever I heard the word "rhubarb," I wouldn't think of something edible and delicious like this amazing Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, I'd think of fights. You can have Strawberry rhubarb custard pie using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry rhubarb custard pie
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 t of nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare dash of salt.
- It’s 3 of beaten eggs.
- It’s 3 cup of rhubarb 1 " pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of cut strawberries.
Back in the early days of radio. This Homemade Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe using fresh or frozen rhubarbwith rhubarb and optional strawberries makes a pefect custard pie that Use fresh OR frozen rhubarb for this recipe! If you've still got lots of rhubarb in your freezer, here is a recipe idea for you! I made this pie recipe yesterday.
Strawberry rhubarb custard pie step by step
- Prepare 9" pie crust while pie filling juices. Fill crust with mixture and dot with 2 tbsp butter. Adjust lattice top; seal..
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Lower temp to 350° for 30 to 40 minutes. Done when fork comes out clean 1" from center..
- Pie crust: 2c flour, 1/2 t salt, 3/4c cold Crisco shortening, 5 to 8T ice cold water. Add water until dough holds together. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1/2 hour to 2 days. Roll out 2 crusts for 9" pie tin..
This classic rhubarb custard pie is the perfect dessert for a spring or summer cookout or potluck. Use a ready-made pie crust or the homemade pastry. Serve this pie at your next cookout or take it along to a potluck dinner. This is a fantastic way to use fresh rhubarb, and your family and friends will love it. Things like strawberry rhubarb pie, rhubarb crisp, crumble, cake, the whole rhubarb shebang.