Strawberry key lime pie. Enter: this crowd-pleasing Key lime slab pie recipe. Stunning enough to be the centerpiece at a brunch or bridal shower, this delicious summertime favorite captures all of the flavors of classic Key lime pie with the added surprise of pink strawberry-infused whipped cream topping. Key Lime Pie is a summer classic!
Sounds to us like a strawberry margarita in a pie shell. Fresh strawberries are packed with Key Lime Pie filling for the perfect Spring dessert! You will love how simple this is! You can have Strawberry key lime pie using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry key lime pie
- Prepare of Lime Cream cheese.
- You need of Lime curd.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cups of key lime juice.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tablespoons of key lime zest.
- You need of Creamcheese.
- It’s 32 oz of cream cheese, room temperature.
- You need of Strawberry, quartered.
- You need 3 cups of strawberry.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need of Pie crust.
- You need 1 of Pie dough.
Are you as excited about strawberry season as I am? I wanted a fun, Spring twist so I decided to try Key Lime Pie Stuffed Strawberries. Let me tell you, these did not disappoint! Fresh strawberries are packed with Key Lime Pie filling for the perfect Spring dessert!
Strawberry key lime pie step by step
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries with sugar. Put in the fridge for 1-3 hours..
- (LIME CURD) Beat the eggs with sugar and lime juice in a bowl. Pour water into a pot, then put the bowl above it, boil at 600 celsius. Constantly stir for 10 minutes until smooth. Be careful not to curdle the mixture. Next, add butter and lime zest, stirring until combined..
- (CREAM CHEESE) in a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, stirring until there are no lumps..
- Mix lime curd and cream cheese together until smooth, then set a side..
- Preheat the oven to 190 celsius (375 fahrenheit).
- Line a pie tin with pie dough..
- Empty cream cheese into the pie tin, then put strawberry mixture on top, evenly disturbing the mixture..
- Top the die with a full sheets of pie dough (or with stripped pie dough and weave a lattice design).
- Bake the pie until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Cover the edge of the pie with aluminum foil if it starts to darken..
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream..
You will love how simple this is! Showing that the traditional Key lime pie can in fact be mixed up in many different delicious ways, Kermit adds strawberry purée into the filling of this amazingly beautiful Strawberry Key Lime Pie. Sounds to us like a strawberry margarita in a pie shell. This Key Lime Pie is an American classic. Ours is made with lime juice and sweetened condensed milk in a graham cracker crust and topped with whipped cream.