Fresh Strawberry Pie. What's the best way to slice strawberries? Fresh strawberries should be stored in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator. Arrange half of strawberries in baked pastry shell.
Piled high with delicious, juicy strawberries and topped with sweetened whipped cream, this fruity dessert is a proven crowd-pleaser. Simple strawberry pie with fresh strawberries coated in a light strawberry glaze, and then topped with whipped cream. Jump to the Strawberry Pie Recipe or read on to see how we make it. You can cook Fresh Strawberry Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Strawberry Pie
- It’s 1-9 inch of pie crust. I make deep dish.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 cup of Strawberry Jello gelatin powder * see notes *.
- Prepare of notes:.
- You need of You can use regular pie crust, make your own, deep or shallow.
- You need of This pie is sweet. If you prefer, use sugar free Jello gelatin.
- You need of For the deep dish i used almost 2 pints of berries.
- Prepare of It depends on size and how you slice them.
- Prepare of j.
From a Houston Junior League cookbook, this is by far my favorite way to eat fresh strawberries. This pie is a celebration of perfectly ripe, summertime strawberries. Only two cups of the berries are cooked down into a quick jam, which holds the rest of the fruit together for a delightfully fresh pie. This homemade fresh strawberry pie is made with a flaky crust, cheesecake filling and is bursting with fresh strawberries.
Fresh Strawberry Pie step by step
- Pre bake your pie crust @350 until just lightly browned..
- Slice your strawberries as thick or thin as you like. Pat dry..
- Fill your pie crust with sliced berries as evenly as you can. I try to make come up side of crust..
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and Jello powder..
- Add the water and whisk to combine..
- On medium heat, bring to a boil. Stir constantly..
- When mixture comes to a full boil, remove from heat..
- Take your hot mixture and sit pan in a bowl of ice water to cool down. This will thicken quick..
- When mixture thickens but still pourable, pour carefully over berries filling nooks and crannies..
- Lightly tap on counter to eliminate air bubbles..
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving. I like to wait overnight..
- Serve with whipped cream or plain :).
One of our favorite Summer desserts! Fresh strawberry pie is a wonderful summer treat. A simple recipe everybody will love, made with Jello and a premade pie crust. Plus, almost any fool, including me, can pull this off. This recipe is an easy and delicious way to use fresh strawberries.