Warm Buttered Lobster Rolls. Connecticut-style warm butter lobster rolls are a classic New England summer sandwich. Steamed, shelled, then tossed in drawn butter and dressed with lemon zest and scallions, these are the old-school warm lobster rolls you've been looking for. For most people, that's what a lobster roll is and always will be.
As classic lobster rolls go, there are several delicious variations, such as a New England Style lobster roll with celery and mayonnaise or as a delicious alternative these Warm Lemon Butter Lobster Rolls (aka Connecticut-style lobster rolls). Both rely on simple, unadulterated ingredients. Lobster rolls are traditionally served on a roll: a top-split melted butter grilled roll. You can cook Warm Buttered Lobster Rolls using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Warm Buttered Lobster Rolls
- Prepare 3 (1 1/2 pound) of live Maine libsters, steamed.
- Prepare 8 of top split New England style rolls.
- Prepare as needed of softened butter for spreading on rolls,.
- It’s as needed of garlic bread seasoning sprinkle,.
- Prepare 6 ounces of salted butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped chives.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley.
- Prepare to taste of fresh grpund pepper.
A split roll is sliced down the top (instead of the side), making a Add our fresh lobster meat to the warmed butter and toss gently. Be careful not to overheat or cook the meat. Brush each side of our Pepperidge Farm split. North Square Oyster Neighboring North Square Oyster may be in Neptune's shadow, but its warm-buttered and cold-mayo lobster rolls should not be missed.
Warm Buttered Lobster Rolls step by step
- Remove meat from cooked lobsters and cut into bite size pieces.
- Spread some softened butter on each side of the rolls and sprinkle lightly with the garlic bread seasoninh.
- Heat buttered sides of roll until toasted and golden, remove and set aside.
- In another skillet heat the 6 ounces of butter just until melted and warm, do not allow it to sizzle.
- Add lobster meat and baste with butter, spooning the butter just to coat and warm the lobster, add chives and parsley and pepper to taste. This takes just a very short time anout 1 minute, don't cook lobster, just warm it.
- Pile warm buttered lobster into toasted rolls and serve immediately.
From executive chef David Raymer of Tavern on Main in Westport, Conn. I got this from Yankee Magazine. Note says: The recipe substitutes white wine and butter for the more traditional base of mayonnaise. To save preparation time, have a fish market preboil your lobsters and remove the meat. The truth about lobster rolls is that there is no truth except the lobster itself.