Out Of This World Potato Salad.
You can cook Out Of This World Potato Salad using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Out Of This World Potato Salad
- You need 4 lbs of red potatoes.
- It’s 1 of small red onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 5 of hard boiled eggs, chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sweet relish.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill.
- You need 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s of I teaspoon cornstarch.
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
- You need 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 (5 oz) of can evaporated milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 4-5 of bacon stripes, crumbled.
Out Of This World Potato Salad step by step
- Boil potatoes until can easily pierce with fork. Approximately 20 minutes. Drain, cool (can peel if you choose to) and dice. In large bowl add the boiled eggs, onions, celery, salt, relish and dill..
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together eggs, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in vinegar, milk and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thickened. About 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter. Refrigerate until cool then add mayonnaise..
- Combine the dressing with potato mixture and let flavors combine several hours. Add crumbled bacon just before serving..