Sharon's Potato Salad. I'm also on instagram as cooking_with_Sharon. Add celery, onion, sweet relish and bacon bits. Toss lightly to coat potato mixture.
Still doesn't sound like Japanese food, does it? Potato Salad is a snack from HarvestCraft. Potato Salad can be combined with other ingredients to create: Weekend Picnic. You can have Sharon's Potato Salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sharon's Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 lb of bag of small red potatoes.
- It’s 7 of eggs.
- It’s of Sweet relish.
- It’s of Miracle whip.
- You need of Sandwich spread.
- Prepare of Mustard.
- You need of Paprika (optional).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted. This potato salad recipe was the closest I could get to Mrs. Ingrid's secret recipe although I still feel a hint of something is missing. Maybe a bit of clove from the sweet relish or a tad of sugar?
Sharon's Potato Salad step by step
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 4 sections. Rinse potatoes and put in a pot of water; boil until tender.
- Boil eggs to your liking (mine were hard boiled) place eggs in cold water and set aside.
- When potatoes are tender drain and place in bowl; set aside.
- Peel eggs. Dice 5 eggs and add them to the potatoes; set the other 2 to the side.
- Add a cup of relish, cup of miracle whip, cup of sandwich spread, and 2 tbsp of mustard.
- Continue adding above ingredients WHILE TASTING until you get to your desired flavor and consistency.
- Once it is perfect to you slice the remaining 2 eggs and place them on top of the potato salad. Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Place a lid over it and put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Do waxy or starchy potatoes make the best potato salad? Potato salad is an American institution, and hardly seems difficult to throw together, but the right technique—and the right ingredients—make. Potatoes — I love using small baby or new potatoes for this salad. Red bliss potatoes or fingerlings are also excellent options. The smaller the better, this way they cook quickly and you don't need to.