Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce. Read: They're a quick and easy vegetarian alternative for Thanksgiving. Spoon herb sauce onto finished "steaks." This content is imported from embed-name. You may be able to find the same content in another.
How can Cauliflower be a Steak? Well, if you slice it a certain way it kinda It's an Argentinian sauce that is served on the side with most poultry, meat, and fish in Latin American. Not only is Chimichurri super easy to make, but it. You can have Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Prepare 1 of full cauliflower.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric (optional).
- You need As required of Chimichurri Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 teaspoons or 2 tbsp of dried oregano or fresh oregano leaves.
- You need 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of red or white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli flakes.
These Roasted Cauliflower Steaks are perfectly baked in the oven and loaded with the most flavorful chimichurri sauce! It's best to go ahead and make the chimichurri sauce to begin with (maybe even an hour or so in advance) for it to really let the flavors meld together. Cauliflower steaks has nothing to do with what most people associate the word "steak" but borrows the name to describe the discs you cut out from the head of the vegetable before you get to roasting. In this recipe I serve them with chimichurri which is a new discovery for me and a real good one too.
Cauliflower Steak with Chimichurri Sauce instructions
- Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, oregano, pepper, and red chilli flakes in a bowl.Add chopped parsley and garlic. Adjust seasonings..
- To prepare Cauliflower Steak, remove the outer green leaves from the head of cauliflower and trim the stem. Using a large knife cut the cauliflower in half lengthwise through the centre..
- Cut a 1- 1/2 inch thick steak from each half of the cauliflower. If the head is large, carefully cut one more steak from each of the cut sides.Repeat process with the other head of cauliflower. Trim any florets not connected to the stem..
- Place cauliflower steaks on a rimmed baking sheet.Drizzle olive oil on both sides of each cauliflower steak.Evenly sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the cauliflower steaks..
- Preheat oven to 260 C.Bake the cauliflower steaks at 180 C for 10 minutes. Gently flip the cauliflower steak and roast until a golden-brown crust forms on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes..
- Transfer cauliflower steaks to a serving platter and garnish with chimichurri sauce..
How to slice Cauliflower into steak slices. When cleaning the cauliflower leaves, leave some of the stalk on the cauliflower. The stalk will help hold the florets together. Slice the cauliflower or chop into florets. Blend the chimichurri sauce with a few tbsp of water and set aside.