Queso Fresco Enchiladas w/ Red Sauce & Chimichurri.
You can have Queso Fresco Enchiladas w/ Red Sauce & Chimichurri using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Queso Fresco Enchiladas w/ Red Sauce & Chimichurri
- It’s 12 oz of queso fresco.
- Prepare 1 C of shredded chihuahua cheese.
- It’s 6 of flour tortillas.
- You need 10 oz of red enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 bundle of cilantro; stems roughly sliced off.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic; smashed.
- You need 1/3 C of red wine vinegar.
- You need 2/3 C of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large pinch kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of crushed pepper flakes.
Queso Fresco Enchiladas w/ Red Sauce & Chimichurri step by step
- Variations: Try serving with "Roasted Pepper Cream Sauce" (see my recipes).
- Combine cilantro, garlic, red wine vinegar, crushed pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds..
- Drizzle the olive oil in slowly while the machine runs..
- Store extra chimichurri in the fridge for up to 3 days..
- In a large mixing bowl combine chihuahua cheese and crumble the queso fresco. Save a little chihuahua for topping the enchiladas..
- Heat up enchilada sauce in a small saucepot to a simmer..
- Dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce, fill with cheese mixture, and roll into a lightly greased casserole dish. (Use vegetable oil, cooking spray, or butter to grease pan).
- Top tortillas with remaining chihuahua cheese..
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese atop is melted..
- Serve with chimichurri sauce. (Can be cold or room temp).
- Variations; Guacamole, crema, salsa verde, mole, goat cheese, oaxaca cheese, pepperjack cheese, mango salsa, pineapple salsa, peach-mango salsa, grilled corn or pineapple, plantains, sofrito, caramelized shallots or onions, pickled red onions, jalapenos, poblano, habanero, bacon, Mexican oregano, white wine vinegar, avocado, cotija, coriander, lime, spinach, eggplant, black beans, tomato, roasted veggies, pumpkin seeds, refried beans.