Microwave Hot German Potato Salad.
You can have Microwave Hot German Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Microwave Hot German Potato Salad
- You need 4 of medium potatoes.
- You need 6 of strips bacon – thick if possible-diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1 of diced green onion for garnish.
Microwave Hot German Potato Salad instructions
- Wash and cut potatoes long way in half and place on microwave able plate in circle. Place tray in plastic bag and microwave 4-6 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. Leave covered in plastic bag until potatoes are cool enough to handle. Peel off skins and cut in 1/2 inch dice..
- In a 2 quart glass dish, microwave bacon 5-6 minutes till crisp. Remove from drippings with a slotted spoon and set aside..
- To drippings add flour, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seed. Stir till smooth and microwave on high 3 minutes stirring after each minute till thickened..
- Add vinegar and water to thickened sauce and stir till smooth. Microwave till boiling about 4 minutes till mixture boils and thickens..
- Gently fold in bacon and potatoes. Sauce will thicken a little more as mixture cools..
- Garnish with thin sliced green onions or fresh chives. Serves 4-6.