Hot German Potato Salad.
You can have Hot German Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot German Potato Salad
- You need 12 of medium red potatoes (about 3lbs).
- You need 8 of bacon strips…real bacon.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced onions or use chopped onions.
- It’s 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- You need 2/3 cup of water divided.
- You need 2 teaspoons of dried parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 1/2 teaspoons of all purpose flour.
- It’s of Small amount of butter and oil.
Hot German Potato Salad instructions
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp drain reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside..
- Saute onions in drippings until tender. Stirr in brown sugar, vinegar, half a cup of water, parsley and salt. Simmer uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile combine flour and remaining water until smooth and stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened..
- Pour over potatoes. Add bacon gently stir to coat. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yields 8 to 10 servings..
- In a saucepan boil potatoes until just tender drain. Peel and slice into an ungreased 2 quart baking dish set aside..