German Potato Salad.
You can have German Potato Salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad
- It’s 6 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 6 slices of bacon, reserve the bacon fat.
- You need 3/4 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 Tsp. of celery seed.
- Prepare Dash of pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Ground Mustard.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
German Potato Salad instructions
- Cut potatoes in half, place in a large pot, cover with water and boil until soft. Drain water from pot and allow potatoes to cool..
- Brown bacon slices on both sides until crisp in a large frying pan. Remove bacon and place on paper towel sheet. On medium heat, add the onions and sauté until soft in the bacon fat..
- Add the flour and blend. Add all the remaining ingredients and boil for 1 minute while stirring. Remove the pan from the heat. It will now thicken some. Stir a few times, season for taste, and set aside..
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel the skins with a peeler. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. With some potato chunks, cut again lengthwise. Now take all the chunks and make 1/4” slices crosswise. Begin placing them in a large bowl..
- Pour some of the pan gravy over the slices. Add more slices and then more gravy as you go. Top off the bowl of potato salad with crumpled bacon bits from the 4 or 5 slices left. You do have to taste-test 1 or 2 slices!.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly warmed..