You can have Peach Galette using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peach Galette
- It’s 3 ounces of Cream cheese room temperature ,.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Dark brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Jam peach apricot , or.
- It’s 1 teaspon of Cinnamon ,.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Sugar , white.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar Raw , (regular can be subsitited).
- You need 2 cups of Flour ,.
- It’s 1 of Butter , cold unsalted cut into pieces 1/2 inche pieces stick.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt ,.
- You need 2 of Eggs ,.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water Cold ,.
- You need 3 of Peaches (ripe), medium size.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon ,.
Peach Galette instructions
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper..
- For the filling: In a bowl, mix softed cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- For the crust: In a separate bowl pinch together flour, salt and butter with fingertips until most of the large chunks of butter are broken up and flattened..
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg and the ice water until well combined. Add the egg mixture into the flour. Mix until it binds together and forms a rough ball. Gently knead the ball to get the last of the flour..
- Divide the ball in two, roll each half then flatten each ball into a disk. Wrap one ball with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator or freezer to use another time..
- On a floured surface, roll out disk into a circle that is slightly larger then 10 inches in diameter..
- Trim the dough into an even 10 inch circle. I use a large glass bowl as my template..
- Very gently wrap dough around rolling pin then unroll onto the parchment paper..
- Slice peaches in half, removing pit. Peel and cut into even. Place peaches ina medium sized bow. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of regular sugar and squeeze on half lemon. Set aside..
- Spoon cream cheese filling into the middle of the pie crust. Spread the mixture out evenly to within about 2 inches of the outside edge. Place jam into the center of the cream cheese mixture and gently spread over cream cheese mixture..
- Place peaches into one or two layer over the jam and cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk second egg. Set aside..
- Fold the edges of the dough over the peaches.Whisk second egg. Set aside..
- Brush crust with egg mixture..
- Dust the top of the galette with raw sugar..
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is slightly bubbling. Turn half way through baking so the crust bakes evenly..
- Serve warm..