Cherry and Ricotta Pie.
You can cook Cherry and Ricotta Pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry and Ricotta Pie
- Prepare 500 g of Shortcrust pastry.
- It’s of Fruit part.
- It’s 500 g of fresh cherries.
- Prepare 2 strips of lemon rind.
- It’s 1 of small glass red wine.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- Prepare of Dairy part.
- Prepare 500 g of ricotta.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 75 g of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
Cherry and Ricotta Pie instructions
- Cook the fruit part in a saucepan over a medium heat until the fruit is soft but not mushy..
- Remove the fruit and continue to cook the liquid on a high heat until reduced to a thicker state. When cool it should be like soft jam or syrup..
- Return the cherries to the liquid and allow to cool..
- Combine the dairy part and whip until smooth..
- Roll out the pastry and use 2/3 to line an 8" pie tray. Shape the rest into a long rectangle and allow to chill..
- Pour the cherries and sauce over the pie base then cover with the dairy part..
- Cut the remaining pastry into long thin strips and layer on top of the pie as a lattice..
- Cook in middle of oven at 180°c for 45min. Turn off oven and leave door ajar but leave pie there for another hour to cool slowly..