Cherry pie. She's my cherry pie Cool drink of water such a sweet surprise Tastes so good makes a grown man cry Sweet Cherry Pie. Cherry pie is a pie baked with a cherry filling. Traditionally, cherry pie is made with tart rather than sweet cherries.
This cherry pie is the one to make — featuring a lightly sweetened filling that lets the fresh cherries shine, and a gorgeous lattice crust that absolutely anyone can master. You can use this pie's easy, foolproof formula to make just about any stone fruit pie you please this summer, from. The Doo Wop duo Cherry, nah-nah-nah cherry pie, whoa so good Sugar, nah-nah-nah sugar plum, sweet as they come Give me nah-nah-nah give me some cherry, cherry pie. You can cook Cherry pie using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry pie
- You need 1 of recipe 2 shell pie crust. (see my flaky pie crust recipe).
- It’s 6-7 cups of fresh picked and pitted sour cherries. (you can use frozen. use about 2.5 lbs).
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter for dotting.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of milk (to brush on crust).
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar (to sprinkle on milk.).
Cherry Pie this, Cherry Pie that. The onset is very Sativa like , clear headed, positive and cerebral The Cherry Pie buds are dark purple -green in color, thick and resinous. With a buttery flaky pie crust and juicy cherry filling, this is the essential summer dessert! And that's why I wanted to share this cherry pie recipe with you.
Cherry pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a mixing bowl combine cherries, vanilla, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well. Let stand 5-10 minutes..
- Roll out first crust and line pie plate with it..
- Pour cherry mixture into pie plate.
- Roll out top crust. I like to cut strips and make a lattice top..
- Dot pie with butter and place top crust on pie.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place pie in oven on the middle rack and bake 35- 40 minutes, until crust is brown and pie is bubbly.
- Allow pie to sit at least one hour before cutting to allow sauce to thicken..
Out of all pie flavors and varieties, I feel like cherry pie is where most depend on canned filling. You can make a Cherry Pie using either sweet or tart cherries or even a combination of the two. Just as you can use different types of cherries to make a Cherry Pie, you can also use different types of pastry crusts. If you have a personal favorite, by all means use it instead of this pie crust recipe. Cherry pie however did something not even my beloved Blue Dream does.