Sweet Cherry Pie.
You can have Sweet Cherry Pie using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Cherry Pie
- You need 2 of red plums (halved and pitted).
- You need 6 cup of sweet cherries (halved and pitted).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of instant tapioca (ground).
- Prepare 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter (1/4 inch pieces).
- It’s 1 large of egg (beaten with 1 tbsp. water).
Sweet Cherry Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Process plums and 1 cup of the cherries until smooth..
- Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible..
- Discard the solids..
- Add remaining cherries, sugar, salt, lemon juice, tapioca, and cinnamon to the bowl..
- Mix well to combine; let stand 15 minutes..
- Transfer cherry mixture to the dough lined pan..
- Scatter butter pieces over the fruit..
- Top with second round of pie dough..
- Brush top evenly with egg wash..
- Put pie in freezer for 20 minutes..
- Bake for 30 minutes..
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for 30-40 minutes..
- Let cool 2-3 hours..