Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cherry Pie.
You can have Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cherry Pie using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cherry Pie
- You need of Pie.
- It’s 1 stick of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 17 of whole maraschino cherries, well drained.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 1 tub of whipped cream/cool whip.
- It’s 4 of maraschino cherries, halved, well drained.
- It’s 1 of drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cherry Pie instructions
- cream together room temp butter and sugar..
- add eggs and vanilla.. beat well.
- add cocoa powder, beat again starting on low and gradually increase to high until well blended..
- stir in flour and salt..
- fold in chocolate chips.
- grease a 9in. glass pie pan..
- Pour batter in pie pan..
- place cherries by pressing into the batter.. see photo…
- bake at 350° for about 30-35 minutes. toothpick should come out clean and edges should be browned..
- cool completely..
- just before serving.. spread cool whip along the top of the pie leaving a half inch around all edges..
- place cherries around in a decorative Manner(see photo).
- drizzle lightly with some chocolate syrup..
- refrigerate any unused portions..
- the pie portion is much like brownies..