Tart Cherry Pie Moonshine.
You can cook Tart Cherry Pie Moonshine using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tart Cherry Pie Moonshine
- You need 46 of 100% tart Cherry juice–2 bottles(92 oz.).
- Prepare 2 can of tart cherries in syrup or water (15 0z cans).
- You need 1 of small jar maraschino cherries (about 8 oz).
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar(1 1\2 cups if using canned cherries in syrup).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Almond extract- or to taste- optional.
- It’s 2 cup of everclear-whatever proof you can get–a little more if you're brave!.
Tart Cherry Pie Moonshine step by step
- In a large stock pot, combine all ingredients except almond extract and Everclear..
- Bring slowly to boil and simmer lightly for 30 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar..
- Remove from heat and cool completely. This may take 6 or more hours but a very important step..
- After cool, add almond extract to taste, if you like, and the Everclear. Mix well..
- Prepare canning jars and lids by boiling. Drain well. Place some of the cherries in the jar and fill with your moonshine. Cap tightly and store in a cool place. NO TASTING for about 2 months to let it age and smooth out..
- This is a sipping drink so sip with caution. We like it in Coke or a lemon and lime soda but it's just as good in soda water if you like a pure cherry taste..
- Makes about 10 pints.