Apple pie with strawberry cream. It's apple season, which means it's prime time for all kinds of apple desserts, like this apple pie. I used sweet red apples, but if you prefer a more tart apple pie, you can definitely use green ones. Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream (or ice cream) and a drizzle of strawberry sauce.
A delicious treat to prepare for Shabbat morning, Friday night or any time! Get the recipe for my Apple Strawberry Cardamom Pie at In Jennie's Kitchen. I didn't have enough apples for a pie, but there were some stray strawberries in the fridge. You can cook Apple pie with strawberry cream using 26 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple pie with strawberry cream
- Prepare of For rabri.
- Prepare 1 litre of Full fat cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped dryfruits ( pistachios, cashews and almonds).
- You need 1 tsp of caradmom powder.
- Prepare of For dough.
- It’s 11/2 cup of oats powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of badam/almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ice water.
- You need of For filling.
- Prepare 4 of apples peeled, cored and cut into slices 1/4 inch.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/2 sp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tsp of cornflower.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch piece.
- Prepare of For strawberry cream.
- It’s 250 gm of Fresh strawberry cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of full cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of strawberry essence.
- You need 2-3 drop of pink food colour.
I decided mixing them together wasn't such a rebellious move. This strawberry tart comes together easily. You blind-bake a pastry shell, then you fill it with pastry cream and top it with strawberries. The strawberries add the perfect finishing touch, decorating the tart beautifully.
Apple pie with strawberry cream step by step
- For rabri–1.Take a heavy bottom pan and add milk to it.Bring the milk to a boil.Lower the heat to medium low and keep stirring and scraping the sides of the pan after every 10-12 minutes.Cook the milk for 30min. till it is reduced to quarter..
- Add honey,and cook for another 3-4 minutes.Pour the rabri in pots.Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers..
- Method for dough To make the dough, in a base, take the power flour oats amd badam, salt, and honey, together until combined, about 5 min.. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal..
- Add 3 Tbs. of the ice water and 2 or 3 times. The dough should hold together when squeezed with your fingers but should not be sticky. If it is crumbly, add more water 1 tsp..
- At a time, pulsing twice after each addition. Turn the dough out onto a work surface, divide in half and shape each half into a disk. Wrap the disks separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours..
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out half of the dough into a 12-inch round about 1/8 inch thick. Fold the dough in half and then into quarters and transfer it to a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish. Unfold and gently press the dough into the bottom and sides of the dish..
- Trim the edges flush with the rim of the dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- On a large sheet of lightly floured, roll out the remaining dough disk into a 12-inch round about 1/8 inch thick..
- Using pie cutters, and flower cutter make rows of cutouts in the dough, the cutouts for decorating. Reroll the dough scraps to make more cutouts.Refrigerate the lettuce top and cutouts for 30 minutes..
- Make the filling: In a oven, stir together the apples,, honey cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cornflower.Set over medium heat, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are just tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes..
- Uncover and cook until the liquid has thickened and become glossy, 5 to 7 minutes more. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes..
- Position a rack in the lower third of an oven, place a baking sheet on the rack and preheat the oven to 180 degree.
- Let the pie shell, flower and heart cutouts stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Transfer the Rabri, apple filling to the pie shell, scatter the butter pieces on top, and gently invert the flower and heart over the pie. Trim the edges flush with the rim of the dish and press the top and bottom crusts together to seal..
- Brush the underside of the leaf cutouts with butter wash and gently press them onto the edges of the piecrust, overlapping the leaves slightly. Decorate as desired with the remaining heart and flower Brush the entire top crust with butter wash and sprinkle with the granulated sugar..
- Place the pie dish on the preheated baking sheet. Bake until the crust is crisp and golden brown, about 1 hour, covering the edges with aluminum foil if they become too dark. Transfer the pie to a wire rack and let cool for at least 1 1/2 hours before serving… Decoration for strawberry mint leaves and white chocolate and some sprinkle.
- For strawberry cream–First take the strawberry im mixture jar and blend it a fine purieThen take a habd blander. Bleand the full cream and add strawberry purie, essence, and colour and mix well.put the strawberry cteam in freeze and chilled..
Arrange half of strawberries in baked pastry shell. Mash remaining berries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan. For pie filling, add boiling water to gelatin and whisk (by hand/hand mixer or in a standing mixer) until completely dissolved. Add cream cheese to gelatin and whip for about two minutes. This pie takes a prebaked pie crust and fills it with a deliciously tangy lemon cream filling.