Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
You can cook Strawberry Rhubarb Pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Prepare of Crust:.
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of softened unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ice cold water.
- You need of Filling:.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 3 Tbsp of orange juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- You need 1 cup of strawberries.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie step by step
- Preheat oven 400°.
- For crust: mix dry ingredients with a pastry blender, add butter and mix til crumbly, add water and mix until just combine (careful not to over mix or crust will be tough). Divide in half, and roll out half on a well floured surface. Place into 9" pie dish..
- Combine all ingredients for filling and pour into bottom crust..
- Roll out remaining dough and top pie. Trim off excess dough about an inch from edge. Tuck and flute edges. Make several slits in top crust for vents..
- Place pie dish on a parchment lined baking sheet in case of bubble-over..
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until top crust is golden. (I made this one for my brother-in-law's birthday, hence the initials lol).