Healthy Sangria. Anjali Shah is a food writer, board certified health coach, and owner of The Picky Eater, a healthy food and lifestyle blog. Click here to get recipes from our Best Sangria collection. Want to see what wines are more phat than fat?
Not only is red wine loaded with the healthy antioxidant. I got this out of Health magazine. Be the first to review this recipe. You can have Healthy Sangria using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Sangria
- Prepare 750 ml of Red wine.
- It’s 3 of Longan (dried).
- It’s 1 bunch of Goji berries.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Raisins.
- It’s 5 of Figs.
- You need 3 of Dates (from a date palm).
The fruity wine-based punch, which hails from Spain but is often served south of the border, is the perfect drink for a hot afternoon. That why we created this easy, healthy sangria recipe that uses a small amount of raw honey in place of traditional simple syrup, so you avoid the crash. It's great for summer parties because it's. Find healthy, delicious sangria recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
Healthy Sangria step by step
- Prepare a sterilised 1 litre jar. Rinse it out with hot water or alcohol..
- Add all of the ingredients to the jar and leave it in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator..
- After 1 week, remove all of the fruit. If you leave it in then the wine will go cloudy. You can eat the goji berries if you like..
- You can serve this drink with honey or in a cocktail with 100% apple or orange juice. It tastes even better with freshly squeezed orange juice..
- It's not so healthy but this sangria does taste great when mixed sweetened carbonated water..
- You can use seasonal fruits when making this sangria if you like. You can add peach, nectarine, or plum halves or even slices of orange..
- The dried figs that I used were quite small, about 2 cm in diameter. I used dates that were 5 cm long..
- From the top, going clockwise, we have dates, raisins, figs, longans, and goji berries. The recipe photo shows a sangria with nectarine also added..
Sangria is a Spanish & Portuguese drink made from red wine with chopped fruits for flavor. It is a rich source of antioxidants & vitamin C, such as resveratrol. For more healthy recipes and expert diet advice go to www.healthyfood.com © Healthy Life media Limited. When you make sangria, does the alcohol in the wine destroy the nutrients in the fresh fruit? Unique low-calorie sangria recipes to celebrate National Sangria Day including an amazing winter sangria recipe with figs and a spicy sangria recipe!