Tomato Bruschetta – perfect for picnics.
You can have Tomato Bruschetta – perfect for picnics using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato Bruschetta – perfect for picnics
- It’s of I french baguette, sliced.
- Prepare of Olive or rapeseed oil (or similar) I have a spray but if you don’t you could dab with a pastry brush.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sea salt.
- It’s A few of cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 handful of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 handful of Basil.
- It’s 1 of mild red chilli.
Tomato Bruschetta – perfect for picnics step by step
- Slice french baguette into slices about 1 centimetre across and very lightly spray with oil. Bake in the oven on a very low temperature until crunchy. I’m lucky and I’ve just bought a new oven which goes below 50c, but if yours doesn’t, turn the oven off as soon as the bread starts to colour and leave for about an hour. I baked mine on a very low heat for around 90 minutes. You could griddle as an alternative if you prefer..
- When the bread is cool, rub with the garlic clove – it will create a paste. Chop the tomatoes and top the bruschetta. Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh basil and chopped chilli. I didn’t this time, but I sometimes add a squeeze of lime..
- The bruschetta will keep for a couple of days in a tin. I’ve made loads so I’ll be adding some alternative plant- based toppings soon, feel free to follow me if you would like to see them..