Vegetarian Enchiladas Recipe. These enchiladas are stuffed with a hearty combination of corn, beans, and zucchini and topped with two types of cheese. Garnished with avocado, tomato, and cilantro, it's the definition of a healthy and. Place a rack in top third of oven; heat broiler.
A wonderful alternative to classic enchiladas for the vegetarian! This recipe originated from my fiancee's mother, but I added my own twist! Unlike some vegetarian enchilada recipes, these are pretty simple to make. You can cook Vegetarian Enchiladas Recipe using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Enchiladas Recipe
- You need For of filling:.
- You need 6 of mini sweet corns, halved lengthwise.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese or vegan cheese if required.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips.
- Prepare 1 of medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips.
- You need 1/2 of large red onion, sliced into thin wedges.
- Prepare 1/2 of Juice of a lime.
- It’s For of tortillas:.
- It’s 6 of Gran Luchito Street Taco wraps.
- You need 1/2 (1 pack) of Gran Luchito Refried Beans.
- Prepare For of enchilada sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Gran Luchito Chipotle Salsa.
- You need 1 cup of passata.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle Fajita & Taco Mix.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need For of toppings:.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Gran Luchito Serrano Green Chillies.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese or vegan cheese if required.
The filling here is a mixture of roasted butternut squash, cooked black beans. This enchilada recipe is vegetarian-friendly, but good enough to please anyone. Easy vegetarian enchiladas made with butternut squash and black beans, smothered with enchilada sauce and cheese, then baked in the oven. A delicious recipe that's perfect for meatless Mondays!
Vegetarian Enchiladas Recipe instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius, 170 for fan assisted..
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium/high heat. Add the prepared vegetables and lime juice and stir fry until tender..
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, add all the enchilada sauce ingredients to a saucepan. Stir to combine and bring to a gentle boil then reduce to a simmer, cooking for 5 or so minutes to thicken and reduce the sauce..
- Add half of the cooked sauce to the vegetables and stir to combine. Reserve the remaining sauce to one side..
- Add the Refried Beans to a pan, cooking as per the packet guidelines..
- Divide the Refried Beans evenly between the Street Taco wraps, spreading a thick layer over each..
- Divide the cooked vegetables between the center of the Street Taco wraps, then roll tightly around the filling. Arrange the filled wraps seam side down in a small ovenproof dish, so they are closely packed together..
- Pour over the remaining enchilada sauce and scatter over the remaining cheese..
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until piping hot through and the cheese is golden..
- Scatter over the Serrano Green Chillies to serve..
Seasoned vegetables and black beans sandwiched between corn tortillas and cheese. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Easy recipes and cooking hacks right to your inbox. Vegetarian enchilada is a popular Mexican dish with my family. Manjula's Kitchen is your home for Indian Vegetarian Recipes and delicious Cooking Videos.