Sweet Shepherds Pie. Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. This is my favourite Shepherd's pie recipe and it's such a crowd-pleaser. Drain and leave to one side. You can cook Sweet Shepherds Pie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Shepherds Pie
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 3 large of Sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of peaches and cream corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic.
- You need 1 can of green beans.
- It’s 1 cup of marble cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 envelope of taco seasoning.
This sweet potato shepherd's pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie. I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian). Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce.
Sweet Shepherds Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut and dice potatoes, then boil until fully cooked..
- Cook ground beef, drain, add about 1/4 cup of water, Mix in about half a package of taco seasoning..
- In large casserole dish add corn and green beans. Layer the ground beef over top..
- When potatoes are fully cooked, mashed, add milk, butter, sour cream, salt and garlic. Layer potatoes over top of ground beef..
- Shred marble cheese and place over top of pie.
- Bake in oven for approximately 40mins.
Sweet Shepherds Pie recipe: Try this Sweet Shepherds Pie recipe, or contribute your own. Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie – Subscriber Give Away! An easy vegan shepherd's pie recipe made with lentils, veggies, and an incredible sweet potato It is impossible not to love shepherd's pie. This dish has become a staple in my home, but not the..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.