Falafel Mexican Sopes.
You can have Falafel Mexican Sopes using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Falafel Mexican Sopes
- Prepare 250 gm of Chickpeas (White Chana) (Boiled & drained).
- Prepare 1 of Onion roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh parsley chopped.
- It’s 2-3 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Flour or chickpea flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground coriander.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need 1/2 cup of Maize Flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of All purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Water to knead.
Falafel Mexican Sopes instructions
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans well. Pour them into your food processor along with the chopped onion, garlic cloves, parsley, flour or chickpea flour (use chickpea flour to make gluten free) and spices..
- Pulse all ingredients together until a coarse meal forms..
- Process till the mixture is somewhere between the texture of a paste. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours..
- Form falafel mixture into round balls or slider-shaped patties using wet hands or a falafel scoop. I use about 2 tbsp of mixture per falafel. If the oil is at the right temperature, it will take 2-3 minutes per side to brown (5-6 minutes total)..
- If it browns faster than that, your oil is too hot and your falafels will not be fully cooked in the center. Cool the oil down slightly and try again..
- For Base: Knead the soft and smooth dough. Pat it with hands and make chapatti of thickness 2-4 cm..
- Half Cook from both sides and scoop out the inner part slightly. Deep fry it for 1-2 minutes..
- Assemble Sopes Fill it with Falafel Mixture. Top with some lettuce, Tamarind Chutney and Mint Chutney..