Mexican Street Corn Salad.
You can have Mexican Street Corn Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Street Corn Salad
- You need 1 (16 oz) of bag frozen corn – thawed and "drained".
- Prepare 1 of poblano pepper – seeds removed, finely diced.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbs of sour cream.
- It’s 2 tbs of fresh cilantro – chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chipotle chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper (optional).
- You need of juice of one small lime.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Queso fresco, crumbled.
Mexican Street Corn Salad instructions
- Spread corn out on a paper towel lined plate to absorb some of the moisture from thawing. Set aside while you deseed and dice the poblano pepper..
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil. As soon as butter is melted add corn and diced pepper. Spread out into an even layer. Let sit untouched for 2-3 minutes or until it starts smelling "toasty". Stir, scraping up any brown bits sticking to bottom, level out and let sit 2 min. Repeat one more time..
- Transfer corn mixture to a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients except Queso fresco. Drizzle over corn mixture and gently stir to coat..
- Add crumbled queso fresco, gently stir to incorporate. Garnish with additional cilantro and queso fresco if desired. Serve warm or chilled, but it's better warm..