[Vegan] Mexican Street Corn. These vegan Elotes, also known as Mexican Street Corn, are a fun and delicious way to celebrate the coming of spring and summer! Perfect for your vegan Cinco de Mayo party, or if you're looking for some fresh and easy vegan BBQ ideas this summer. Whether you roast them in the oven or atop your grill.
And while I'm sure THAT is amazing too….it's also VERY FATTENING! Amazing Vegan Mexican Street Corn: tender corn, slathered with creamy vegan mayo, dairy-free parmesan, lime, spicy cayenne, and cilantro. The perfect treat to celebrate Cinco De Mayo, and the summer! You can have [Vegan] Mexican Street Corn using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Mexican Street Corn
- You need 5 ears of corn, cut in half.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of garlic oil.
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro.
- It’s 4 of limes.
- Prepare of Chili powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of cashew mayo/sour cream.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Sriracha.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Follow Your Heart Parmesan.
- You need of Sea salt.
With grilling season almost here and so many needing grilling ideas, this is one recipe for the list. This is a vegan version of Mexican street corn on the. This Mexican Street Corn Salad is everything good in this world. Vegan mayo, lime, jalapeno, onions and chili lime seasoning all smoother the corn in the greatest sauce of all time, then toss with this vegan Cotija cheese, and you will know what true bliss is.
[Vegan] Mexican Street Corn step by step
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush corn generously with garlic oil and cook until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes, turning corn frequently to ensure its browned on all sides. Corn can also be cooked on a grill or under a broiler..
- While corn is cooking, use a microplane to grate lime zest over cilantro (roughly 2 heaping tablespoons). Add a generous pinch of sea salt (roughly 1/4 teaspoon) and chop the mixture until the cilantro is very finely minced..
- Add Sriracha to cashew mayo and whisk to combine..
- Once corn is cooked, brush each cob with a generous amount of Sriracha mayo mixture. Sprinkle with chili powder, then roll in cilantro lime mixture. Lay on a platter and sprinkle with cashew parmesan..
- Corn can be served warm or at room temperature..
Okay, I may like food more than most. This grilled corn recipe is coated with a cooling lime Crema, spiced with some Chile powder, and topped cotija and cilantro. It's always one of my favorite ways to prepare fresh corn. Vegan Mexican Street Corn. by Lauren Sacerdote. I remember going to a restaurant and paying almost five dollars for their version of Mexican street corn.