Mexican street corn. This grilled corn recipe is coated with a cooling lime Crema, spiced with some Chile powder, and topped with crumbled Cotija and diced cilantro. Elote (aka Mexican Street Corn) is an unbelievably popular antojito (little craving or street food) that you can find all over Mexico and the US. It's often served on a stick.
Thoughts on my Mexican street corn recipe. I have been pining to make this Mexican street corn I LOVE Mexican street corn but is there anything more awkward than eating an entire corn on the cob. MEXICAN STREET CORN — Grilled corn is tossed with mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and spices in this delicious Tex-Mex side dish (Torchy's Tacos copycat). You can cook Mexican street corn using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican street corn
- Prepare 3 TBSP of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of frozen corn.
- Prepare 1 of red onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño seaded and diced.
- It’s 2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 TBSP of cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of hot chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of Sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of lime juice.
- You need 1/2 TSP of kosher salt.
- It’s 5 oz of cotija cheese crumbled.
This Mexican street corn salad, also known as Esquites, is smoky, spicy, tangy and incredibly delicious. If you love the Mexican corn on the cob then you will love this version. This Mexican street corn, also known as elote, is grilled corn on the cob coated in a creamy mixture of mayonnaise, crema, cotija cheese and chili powder. Elote (or Grilled Mexican Street Corn) is an easy side dish that will be a favorite for years to come!
Mexican street corn step by step
- Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat..
- Add in corn stirring occasionally untill golden brown and caramelized around 10 minutes..
- Remove from heat. Put corn in a large mixing bowl. Add rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the cotija cheese. Mix well..
- Add in the cotija cheese and mix well before serving..
Welcome to elote – your new favorite way to eat corn! Elote is Mexican street corn grilled to charred. A common Mexican street food, the elote is grilled corn on the cob coated with a mixture of cotija cheese, mayo, sour cream, chile powder and lime before getting topped with more cheese. Mexican Street Corn is one of the ultimate summer side dishes! This version is just as good as the kind I got from street vendors in Mexico.