Surf and turf / grilled veg / avocado chimichurri. Grilled lobster tail + chimichurri skirt steak = the best quick & easy surf and turf recipe – make this! INGREDIENTS: ►lobster tails FOR THE CHIMICHURRI. ►parsley ►mint ►fresh oregano ►fresh ground salt ►fresh ground pepper ►garlic ►red pepper flakes ►lemon juice ►oil (i used avocado. I can easily say that I'm winning people over with this dayyyyum good Grilled Flank Steak with Avocado Chimichurri Sauce!
Perfectly grilled steak and shrimp, topped with an amazing Chimichurri sauce is a South American condiment that is traditionally served with red meat or grilled fish or chicken. It is a simple dish with no. Surf and turf or surf 'n' turf is a main course combining seafood and red meat. You can have Surf and turf / grilled veg / avocado chimichurri using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Surf and turf / grilled veg / avocado chimichurri
- It’s 2 of thick sirloin or ribeye steaks.
- Prepare 200 g of raw king prawns.
- Prepare 150 g of tendersweet carrots.
- Prepare 1 of aubergine (I used japaneese aubergine).
- It’s 100 g of tender stem broccoli.
- Prepare of Olive oil for cooking.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- It’s of Avocado chimichurri.
- It’s 1 of small avocado.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need Half of lime.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red vine vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of coriander.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flat leaf parsley.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion.
- It’s Handful of od chives.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
A typical seafood component would be lobster (either lobster tail or a whole lobster), prawns, shrimp, squid or scallops, any of which could be steamed, grilled or breaded and fried. For the chimichurri, put all the ingredients into the food processor and pulse until a paste is formed. The chimichurri has the tendency to get brown That's what makes chimichurri such an awesome sauce. You can whip it up in a food processor in no time flat, and I usually have enough herbs lying.
Surf and turf / grilled veg / avocado chimichurri instructions
- Blend all the ingredients to make avocado chimichurri.
- Using new green scrubber pads scrub off delicate skin of the carrot. It's easily done..
- In the salty boiling water blanch broccoli for a minute. Cool it down straight away under cold water.
- Pierce the prawns on the skewers. Brush them with olive oil.
- Brush the steaks with the olive oil and cook them directly on Bbq (very hot). To cook them to medium well it should take about 4 – 5 min from each side (lid down). To cook it medium it should take around 3 min from both sides. It all depends from the tickeness of the steak..
- Place the carrots on the Bbq when turning the steak. Keep the lid closed..
- When steak is cooked to your liking take it off the Bbq and let it rest in warm place or on the plate covered with tin foil. I like to season my steak at this stage..
- Place aubergines, prawns and broccoli on the Bbq (high temp) Brush it all with olive oil..
- Cook it all for about 2 minutes from each side. Season with sea salt..
- Plate it up.
This easy grilled Surf & Turf recipe combines juicy flank steak, tender shrimp and sweet tomatoes with a simple homemade Chimichurri Sauce. Cubes of avocado are folded into chimichurri—an Argentinean sauce made of chopped parsley, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, and oil—to create a Latin variation on bruschetta, a classic Italian starter. Talk about a fusion of world cuisines! Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Avocado Salad is another meal in a salad! Using authentic chimichurri as a dressing that doubles as a marinade keeps all of the incredible flavours of chimichurri in this bowl!