Vickys Jelly Sweets without Gelatine, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Jelly Sweets without Gelatine, GF DF EF SF NF using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Jelly Sweets without Gelatine, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 360 ml of fruit puree such as mango, strawberry, peach, etc.
- Prepare 500 grams (2.5 cups) of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter/dairy-free spread.
- It’s 170 ml of liquid pectin such as Certo bottled brand.
Vickys Jelly Sweets without Gelatine, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- You'll need around 300g soft fruit to make the amount if puree needed. Peel it & stone it if necessary, then chop into pieces and whizz up in a blender.
- Spray a loaf tin with oil and line with baking paper.
- Cook the fruit puree with the sugar over a medium low heat until a syrup thick enough to coat the back of a spoon forms, like when making jam. This will take anywhere from 30 – 60 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir for a few minutes to get rid of any foam that's formed, then take off the heat and quickly stir in the pectin.
- Pour immediately into the tin and let cool at room temp, then refrigerate overnight.
- When fully set, cut into squares with a sharp knife dipped in hot water to aid slicing. I make 8 slices then cut each slice into 5 squares.
- If you roll them in powdered sugar they won't stick together in the container.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy within 3 days.