Peach Oatmeal Bars. Peach Oatmeal Bars Fresh peaches are baked into these chewy Peach Oatmeal Bars for a perfect snack on a fun summer afternoon! Peaches are still perfect and plentiful so I'm taking full advantage of the season and baking with them as much as possible. These Better for you Peach Oatmeal Bars are so simple to make.
Now, you take the peaches and divide them in half. These moist peach oatmeal bars are perfect for breakfast or for a healthy dessert. Vegan, gluten-free, whole food plant based, and no added sugar or fat! You can have Peach Oatmeal Bars using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peach Oatmeal Bars
- You need of Crust:.
- You need 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 7 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare of Peach Jam Layer:.
- Prepare 2 of peaches, peeled and sliced into chunks.
- It’s of Juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of granulated sugar, depending how sweet your peaches are.
- Prepare of Scant 1/4 cup water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
Cut into squares, Serve warm or cold. These Healthy Peach Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies! They have a soft and chewy texture like the granola bars I loved back then (and the same texture as regular "dessert" cookies too!), and they also have the same irresistible flavors as my grandma's peach pie: juicy fruit, cozy spices, and her special secret ingredient! These oatmeal peach bars are delicious and so easy to make!
Peach Oatmeal Bars step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8" baking pan with a strip of parchment paper that hangs out over the ends. Set this aside..
- Place the peaches into a small pot with the lemon juice, sugar and water over medium-high heat. Once it comes to a simmer, reduce the heat and let it cook, stirring occasionally, until it's reduced down and thickened slightly. Then remove the pan from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and set it aside..
- In a large bowl, stir together both of the flours, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Then pour in the melted butter and stir until everything is moistened and incorporated. The mix should hold its shape if you squeeze some of it in your palm. Pour out 3/4 of the oat mix into the prepared baking pan and use your hands to flatten it out evenly and pack it down tightly..
- Spread the peach mixture evenly over the bottom crust layer. Then sprinkle the rest of the dry mix evenly over the top. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Then let it cool completely before slicing into bars and serving..
You'll need the same top for the crust and the topping. They are crunchy, soft and slightly chewy bars. These peach crumble bars feature ripe juicy peaches in a brown sugar oatmeal crust, all topped off with almond streusel and vanilla glaze. If you're got fresh peaches, you must try these amazing peach bars! They're the perfect hand held dessert, or try them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat.